A Wicked Brand – By A Dude With A NameTag
I love Scott Ginsberg. He is truly one of a kind. That’s what it means to have an awesome personal brand right?
He has been wearing a name tag for many many years – every day for that matter.
Check out his Ted Talk video, to learn a little more about the man that puts a smile on my face every time I read his content!
Drop by my new facebook page and say hi:
Have a great weekend!
Saturday Music Memories – Hitting “Reset On A Music Career!”
It is no secret by now that my musical taste is quite diverse.
Growing up in the ’80’s I loved many different genres of music, but I especially liked to rock! I know I know it seems far-fetched for such a clean-cut guy like myself, but it is true!
I will never forget buying Guns N’ Roses Appetite For Destruction cassette. I was quite self-conscious that the music was a little too heavy and the message a bit too over the top for my parent’s liking. But they were pretty cool about it! Some of my friends were very in to Guns N’ Roses and we went to a concert once in Winnipeg, Canada. Lead Singer Axl Rose was less than impressed to be there which did not surprise us. My friends and I translated another song in to french, played it on an acoustic guitar, and sang it which was fun for a class project.
But this post is actually about Slash, and reinventing yourself. It is easy to “judge a book by its cover” if you have not followed Slash’s career, but he is a truly brilliant person and musician. Ever since the “soap opera” that was the first line-up of Guns N’ Roses broke up, all he has continued to do is keep working and trying to reinvent himself. He has had several different solo projects and the highly acclaimed Velvet Revolver, with former Guns N’ Roses band mates including Scott Welland from Stone Temple Pilots.
But I believe his best work is happening now with a lead singer named Myles Kennedy. You can google his name if you would like to see his bio, but the bottom line is they just click. While Axl Rose is sitting at home doing whatever he is doing, Slash is out playing new material with his incredible band plus Guns N’ Roses classics.
This is one of my favourite songs, and I believe one of the most recognizable songs of all time, even after just one strum of the guitar!
If Slash was in the corporate world, I would want him on my team, because he never gives up, never stops believing in himself and those around him, and just keeps affecting people’s lives in a positive way.
You may know this one!
The Five Star 5 – Why Public Speaking Sucks!
Many people are terrified to speak in public and/or give presentations. Here are five reasons why public speaking and presenting can suck:
- You were not prepared / did not understand your content
- You did not practice ahead of time
- You did not know your audience well enough
- You did not have a back up plan when things like visual aids had technical issues
- You have not at least visited your local Toastmasters Club as a guest, to see how they can help develop your speaking skills
Public speaking and presenting can be a rewarding experience if you address these five points, and several others.
- Are you due for a public speaking “makeover”?
- What is the greatest challenge that you face getting up in front of a group?
Timmy’s 10’s – My Favourite Websites!
As much as many of you support my sometimes long-winded blog posts, there is something to be said for quick, to the point content as well. Today I start a new ongoing series called “Timmy’s 10’s”.
For my first post, let’s start with a bang! These are my favourite websites/blogs RIGHT NOW!
• Paul Castain http://yoursalesplaybook.com/
• Pat Flynn http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/
• Lewis Howes http://lewishowes.com/
• Scott Ginsberg http://www.hellomynameisscott.com/
• Dan Rockwell http://leadershipfreak.wordpress.com/
• Bob Burg http://www.burg.com/
• Gary Vaynerchuk http://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/
• Michael Margolis http://www.getstoried.com/
• Guy Kawasaki http://www.guykawasaki.com/
• John Lee Dumas http://www.entrepreneuronfire.com/
Who is on your list?
I will compile all the responses and post the “best of the best” later in the month!