So….. I have not been around the last 18 months. I’ve been working on a new project, and am SUPER excited to finally launch my new website – TimMushey.com
I will still be posting about sales and leadership from time to time over here at Sell Lead Succeed, but I’ve launched a new business focusing on helping people kick-start their social networking activities and personal brands. It’s gonna be a lot of fun.
Please stop by and say hi when you have some time. Click below for the link:
If you are interested in receiving my blog posts and other cool updates over there, you will receive the free gift, “26 Tips To Kick-Start Your Social Networking & Personal Brand“.
If you like, you can subscribe here right now .!!Tips To Kick-Start Your Social Networking & Personal Brand
I’m still very active on social media, and would LOVE to connect in the following places:
- Following me on Twitter
- Liking my Facebook page
- Inviting me to connect on LinkedIn
- Following me on Instagram
- Subscribing to my YouTube channel
- Adding me on Google+
If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out at: Tim@TimMushey.com
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and thanks for the continued support!
Remember way way back in the 1990’s if somebody wanted to find out what you were all about, they either had to ask somebody that knew you, or ask you directly?
Well this internet thing has been a real game changer for researching people quickly!
I hop on Google several times a month to see what shows up for my name, and the name of my blog.
What I look for is:
- What shows up on the first page (and what may have dropped off)
- What new search results are showing up
- What new “shares” of my content are showing up; where I owe somebody a thank you
- Is there anything negative being that I should look in to
- It’s just really fun to scroll through lots of pages of results as I reflect on my online journey!
Bonus – some people have very common names, so it is a good idea to see where your content may be getting confused with somebody elses’
Your brand can become very powerful, and what shows up on web searches can help big time by providing people with the opportunity to get to know you very quickly.
If what shows up online is all positive, then you are good to go! If you are seeing a lot of negativity, probably time to review your branding strategies and assess some changes for the future.
- When is the last time you “Googled” yourself?
- Were you surprised with some of the search results (good or bad)?
- Are you going to pay more attention to your online search results in the future?
The tools are there to take your game to the next level. You might as well embrace them and build as strong a personal brand possible!
If you want it to!
Seriously (my 7-year-old son loves to say that word now)!
Today more than ever, personal branding is incredibly important. The tools are there to stand out in very crowded niches and be game changers helping those who really need it.
I think many people undervalue their worth online in one, or multiple niches that they are working in.
Always remember that people love to work with like-minded people, so don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and build a kick-a** community of raving fans.
When I think of personal branding, 5 things really come to mind:
- Be Yourself – Don’t try to be somebody that you are not. It rarely works, and you just look silly
- Engage Others -Nothing worse than somebody putting out great content but never engaging their audience
- Be Consistent – One big red flag that stands out for me when I come across a new brand is if their social media content is inconsistent, with long breaks of nothing. If you are in, you are in – show up often with high quality content
- Be of Service – It is not about you, it is about your audience. Once you get the mindset of helping others, it will be a game changer. The money will be there, as long as you don’t focus on it
- Start a Blog or Website With Your Name – Even if you have an existing business, it is a great idea to be branded online with your name as well. What better way to get known online than people being able to stop by “Insert Name.com”!
- What does personal branding mean to you?
- What struggles have you had with your brand, and what steps have you taken to make yourself a “rock star” brand now?
I would love to hear your thoughts!
Shoot me an email at TimMushey@gmail.com, or comment below.
Oh yeah..let’s connect if we are not already!
Have a FANTASTIC day 🙂
Great video to give you a better understanding of a passive income model!
Check out more great content from Pat Flynn at:
Have a FANTASTIC day!