If you want it to!
Seriously (my 7-year-old son loves to say that word now)!
Today more than ever, personal branding is incredibly important. The tools are there to stand out in very crowded niches and be game changers helping those who really need it.
I think many people undervalue their worth online in one, or multiple niches that they are working in.
Always remember that people love to work with like-minded people, so don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and build a kick-a** community of raving fans.
When I think of personal branding, 5 things really come to mind:
- Be Yourself – Don’t try to be somebody that you are not. It rarely works, and you just look silly
- Engage Others -Nothing worse than somebody putting out great content but never engaging their audience
- Be Consistent – One big red flag that stands out for me when I come across a new brand is if their social media content is inconsistent, with long breaks of nothing. If you are in, you are in – show up often with high quality content
- Be of Service – It is not about you, it is about your audience. Once you get the mindset of helping others, it will be a game changer. The money will be there, as long as you don’t focus on it
- Start a Blog or Website With Your Name – Even if you have an existing business, it is a great idea to be branded online with your name as well. What better way to get known online than people being able to stop by “Insert Name.com”!
- What does personal branding mean to you?
- What struggles have you had with your brand, and what steps have you taken to make yourself a “rock star” brand now?
I would love to hear your thoughts!
Shoot me an email at TimMushey@gmail.com, or comment below.
Oh yeah..let’s connect if we are not already!
Have a FANTASTIC day 🙂
When I started my online journey several years ago I battled uncertainty and doubt early on. Thoughts regularly came up like:
- So many other people are already excelling in (insert niche)
- What could I possibly share that hasn’t been discussed before?
- What value could a newcomer like myself bring to the “party”?
Over time as I gained momentum and started to feel pretty good about things, I certainly realized that I had an “Edge”.
The “Edge” was me. It is specific to my brand and business. No one person is exactly the same as me, nor will my business be exactly the same as anyone else’s.
You have an opportunity to do FANTASTIC things!
- Let your personality shine. Allow your audience in to your life a bit. Show them who you really are
- If you are funny by nature, add some humour to your work, but don’t force it
- Be creative with your content, and do some “outside-of-the-box” things that your audience will start to expect
- Be you – it is what you know best
- Be humble, grateful, helpful, accommodating and go-to resource in your niche
Do you want to take your “Edge” to another level? NEVER EVER stop learning!
Check out these 5-Star resources that help me move my business forward every day:
- “Jab Jab Jab Right Hook” by Gary Vaynerchuk http://bit.ly/18kORAY
- “Ebooks The Smart Way” by Pat Flynn http://bit.ly/1fsJzlx
- “Copy Blogger” by Brian Clark http://bit.ly/1nQnSSC
- “Podcast Answer Man” by Cliff Ravenscraft http://bit.ly/1aqesJQ
Awesomeness (Personal Branding)
- “Nametag Scott” by Scott Ginsberg http://bit.ly/1fZvhtj
- If you feel stuck and need a bit of a push, let me know – I am here to help!
- If you have overcome obstacles lately and now feel better about things, let us know the good news!
Would love if you commented and shared your stories (or you can always email me at TimMushey@gmail.com)
- Story Telling
I recently watched the Garth Brooks “Live At The Wynn” concert and I was completely blown away – especially by his ability to tell a FANTASTIC story!
I am going to keep this short and sweet, and let you really think about those three words as you continue to spread your message.
If you want me to dig a little deeper, just let me know 🙂