Posted by Tim Mushey
When I started my online journey several years ago I battled uncertainty and doubt early on. Thoughts regularly came up like:
- So many other people are already excelling in (insert niche)
- What could I possibly share that hasn’t been discussed before?
- What value could a newcomer like myself bring to the “party”?
Over time as I gained momentum and started to feel pretty good about things, I certainly realized that I had an “Edge”.
The “Edge” was me. It is specific to my brand and business. No one person is exactly the same as me, nor will my business be exactly the same as anyone else’s.
You have an opportunity to do FANTASTIC things!
- Let your personality shine. Allow your audience in to your life a bit. Show them who you really are
- If you are funny by nature, add some humour to your work, but don’t force it
- Be creative with your content, and do some “outside-of-the-box” things that your audience will start to expect
- Be you – it is what you know best
- Be humble, grateful, helpful, accommodating and go-to resource in your niche
Do you want to take your “Edge” to another level? NEVER EVER stop learning!
Check out these 5-Star resources that help me move my business forward every day:
- “Jab Jab Jab Right Hook” by Gary Vaynerchuk http://bit.ly/18kORAY
- “Ebooks The Smart Way” by Pat Flynn http://bit.ly/1fsJzlx
- “Copy Blogger” by Brian Clark http://bit.ly/1nQnSSC
- “Podcast Answer Man” by Cliff Ravenscraft http://bit.ly/1aqesJQ
Awesomeness (Personal Branding)
- “Nametag Scott” by Scott Ginsberg http://bit.ly/1fZvhtj
- If you feel stuck and need a bit of a push, let me know – I am here to help!
- If you have overcome obstacles lately and now feel better about things, let us know the good news!
Would love if you commented and shared your stories (or you can always email me at TimMushey@gmail.com)