I just got Keith Urban tickets yesterday for a January 2014 show in Edmonton! I thought it would be appropriate to share this blog post again!
Keith Urban is one of my favourite artists. I have had the extreme pleasure of seeing him play live twice. I think Alicia Keys is one of the greatest talents in the music industry today. The collaborated at Live Earth in July 2007 for a fantastic rendition of “Gimme Shelter” by the Rolling Stones.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Summers are short in Northern Canada, so I have to make the best of the warm weather and longer days!
I actually do sell in the summer, and just wanted to get your attention with a catchy title 🙂
Here are the top 5 things that I like to do with customers and/or prospects when most of my competitors are on the golf course:
- Drop by later in the day with cold drinks and snacks. Most people are stuck at their desks just counting down the minutes until they get to leave and enjoy the sun too!
- Take them out to lunch! Make sure to sit on a patio and take in the great weather.
- Attend an outdoor sports game, concert or other outdoor event. No better way to get to know them than enjoying these activities together
- Plan a trip with key customers. Every time I hear about customer trips they rave about the good fun for years to come!
- Have a “there are still people to sell to” mentality vs. “everyone is off ’til September so I will just coast” mentality.
These business building activities will pay dividends in the long run. Nobody likes being stuck in the office when the weather is balmy!
I am sure there are many other great ideas that I am missing. But the key is to:
- get creative
- build rapport
- get sales!
You don’t want to risk your competitors having all the great ideas!
In classic Western Canadian fashion, Edmonton seems to have skipped spring and gone straight to summer! I am TOTALLY ok with that!
I am a huge Will Smith fan and thought of a classic track this morning.
Enjoy your Saturday, wherever your are today, and whatever your weather may be!
It is summer, and where I live, you can’t roll down your car windows all year!
Brandon Boyd from Incubus makes me want to roll down the car windows all the time and listen to his music. He is on of the modern vocalists that I am captivated by.
This live version of “Isadore” is awesome and I have enjoyed it for several months now.