Everyone needs a vacation, even Terry Tate! You just know that you have to watch all 3 minutes.
Have a great weekend!
I have just returned from a much-needed two-week vacation with my family. It was nice to “recharge the battery” and decompress in preparation for a busy summer and fall at work.
Have you planned some time off this summer as well? Don’t you dare skip vacation this year! Everyone needs a break from the daily rigours of life.
I know some people have the mindset that they will impress their bosses by skipping vacations and I am sure that you can guess my opinion on that. I DON”T LIKE IT!
Trust me, take the break – you need it!
If finances are an issue – you can even have a “staycation”. Take holidays and not go anywhere.
Here is an interesting article that I came across about “staycations”. It is a few years old, but still relevant today:
Enjoy your summer, and don’t forget to take some time for YOU!
- said thank you to a customer for their business or got “wild and crazy” and hand wrote them a thank you card?
- helped a co-worker just ‘cuz?
- read a book or listened to an audio book in your chosen career path to help take your game to the next level?
- grabbed coffee for your inside sales or other support people or took them for lunch?
- made a co-worker laugh when they were having a bad day?
- told somebody “fantastic job!”
- took a real lunch break to relax and recharge for the rest of the day?
- emailed a colleague or friend a podcast, blog or article that you found helpful
- really listened to somebody when they were talking to you?
- planned a really fun vacation to get away from it all?
10 friendly reminders as your week starts to wind down!
I would be flattered if you used this as a checklist to help motivate yourself to do things that you wouldn’t normally do.
Keep me posted on your progress and good luck!