I love hashtags, especially on Twitter!
I use them to:
- research topics of interest
- find interesting people who are researching the same things as me
- respond to questions that people are asking on Twitter & TV (have you seen Jimmy Fallon’s hashtag of the week question?)
- connect with people locally (I use hashtags to help attract new followers from my geographic region)
But the most fun I had recently, was following a local social media conference via their conference hashtag.
I went to the conference “Friday Night Mixer” but was unable to attend the main conference the following day. Although I was disappointed, I knew that most of the participants were active on Twitter. I looked forward to connecting with people based on their tweets from the break out sessions.
I was BLOWN away!
I made over 75 new connection in 8 hours! Most of them followed back, and I had a blast responding and joining the conversations with those who were tweeting throughout the day.
Still not convinced that hash tags give value?
Time to join the party cause the party is going on without you 🙂
The first follower transforms a lone nut in to a leader!”
Great quote from this short three-minute video.
Hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
Have a fantastic Wednesday.
Only you know the answer to that!
Take a moment to think about it.
How does your best online connection make you feel when…
- they teach you about something
- they connect you with other like-minded people
- share your content
- make you laugh
- pick you up when you need it most
Hopefully they feel the same when you do some (or hopefully all) of those things for them too!
What would happen to your network in 2014 if you developed more connections like your best one?
Is it time to…
- develop more quality relationships online?
- “go deep” with people and find out how you can help them?
- focus on a “serve first” mentality and stop thinking about “what’s in it for me”?
- care more!
I would love to hear about your best connection, and how you have helped each other.
What are your social networking goals for 2014?
Leave a comment or email me at TimMushey@gmail.com
I will publish the responses in a new post later in the month!
Hey! Let’s connect!
(Don’t forget to like to stay connected!)
Great blogging tips by Lesley Carter! Yes the same Lesley Carter who continues to knock it out of the park with her incredible content and legion of followers!
Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend…