At the end of August, I decided I needed to lose some weight. I had progressively let myself go, and for the first time in my life wanted to see if I could commit to losing a few pounds.
I am very proud to say that I DID IT!!!!
I attempted to lose 10 pounds over a 9 week period, and on my last weigh in I had lost 12 pounds!
Here are the top five lessons learned over the 9 weeks:
- It is NOT an easy thing to do!
- I still needed a TREAT day once per week to enjoy my favourite foods
- Eating healthy 95% of the time takes a lot of work but is worth it
- Eating smaller meals more often did surpress my appetite
- A normal portion size is much smaller than I ever thought
- I have a new mindset that if I deeply commit to something, I can achieve anything I want. There were some rough days, but I rarely wavered from my plan.
My thoughts often shifted to the discipline it takes to write daily, correspond on social media on a regular basis and move my business forward “a little bit every day”.
Anything that you need to do on a regular basis can be accomplished if you dedicate to it. I am feeling more confident than ever and look forward to keeping the weight off.
Here is the link to my original blog post discussing my weight loss plan:
- What do you need to commit to today that you are needing to work on?
- Doubt that you can do it? Think again! You’ll never know if you don’t try!
If this inspired you to work on a personal challenge, I would love to hear about the results.
Please email me at: TimMushey@gmail.com
“I have fallen and can’t get up!” I have slipped with my weight and am not happy about it!
I am 10 lbs heavier then when I felt my best over the past 2-3 years.
I have been guilty recently of eating too many treats and not exercising enough.
My life is incredibly busy with two kids, a demanding job, starting an online business on the side, and a the rigours of day-to-day living.
This is not like when I travelled in Australia – I cannot expect to drink beer every day, carry a 50 pound backpack, walk everywhere and lose weight!
I need to step up my game. I turn 40 in just under 9 weeks and will lose 10 pounds. I have to suck it up and am looking forward to the challenge.
I will keep you posted with my progress!