I was looking through old “Five Star 5” posts last night, and this one caught my attention. As many of you know, I now have two sons, and this message is more powerful as I watch both of them grow and develop each day!
I was looking for an old picture on my computer recently, and ended up spending an hour watching old videos of my son. Wow time flies by! It seems like only yesterday he uttered his first word, took his first step, and spent his first day at pre-school! Now my soon to be six-year-old is off to grade 1 in a little over a month.
Sometimes we get so focused on raising them and just getting through the day, we forget how much they are developing at this young age and shaping who they will become in the future. There are lessons that we can all learn from kids, when we take the time to really watch what they are doing.
Here are five lessons that I have learned along the way from my best bud!
- Smile and laugh when possible
- Always be asking questions and trying new things
- Don’t get frustrated when things don’t go your way
- Try to do a good job at whatever you are doing, but don’t worry about being perfect
- Be silly sometimes, it is ok!
And a bonus lesson…..
- Be a good friend