Is It Time To Do Some “Cleaning”?
Building on my theme from yesterday about participating in a “marathon” rather than “sprint” I thought some “cleaning” might be in order too! It was a nice reminder reading this old post today!
Our second child was due this past Monday. Every day that the baby does not arrive, allows my wife and I some extra time to do a few things around the house (even though we should be relaxing by now). Over the past few months we have:
- cleaned the garage top to bottom
- organized a basement crawl space in preparation for building a kids playroom
- donated toys, clothes, and any other household items that we were not using anymore
- And last but certainly not least, put our office back together two nights ago after 8 months of working in the dining room!
The incredible feeling of walking in to my office and finally using it again this week after a hard wood floor renovation made me smile from ear to ear. All of the other tasks that we completed have lifted a heavy weight off our shoulders as well.
It just made me think:
- what are we all “carrying around” personally and professionally that is holding us back?
- when is it a good time to “clear” these things out of our lives?
Perhaps today is finally the day to do something that will make you feel fantastic and help you only look forward.
Jeb Blount once said “a little bit every day” and I have stood by that motto since the day I heard it.
I’m just sayin’ 🙂
Posted on March 19, 2014, in Inspiration, Motivation, Success and tagged Adversity, Barriers To Success, Clearing, Failure, Personal Development, Perspective, Wisdom. Bookmark the permalink. 11 Comments.