The Truth Does’t Have To Hurt!
Posted by Tim Mushey
For the first time in 18 months, I am having a bit of trouble keeping up with my blog. I still love writing, I still love corresponding with my network, and I still love influencing people’s lives in positive ways.
But the truth is…..
I am having more trouble committing the time to it.
- The demands of my new job working out of an office (and not at home) are much greater
- We have a new little one at home which takes up more of my time
- I am exercising more now than I did over the winter. Ok I did not exercise at all over the winter!
- Our short summer has started
But you know what? I am still moving forward.
- I am still doing a little bit every day (I still write or do social media every day)
- I still respond to every person that corresponds with me via social media and my blog
- I still love the feeling of people taking something positive from one of my blog posts
- I still love the feeling of putting myself out there and seeing what people think
If you are thinking of giving up whatever your blogging and online goals are …. DON’T
Life is not easy, and living day-to-day can certainly get in the way of other “fun stuff”. But giving up will certainly not put more “fun stuff” in your life.
When I first got online in a big way over three years ago, I was certain that I had to have the next big idea to be successful. What I soon realized after following some of the biggest names in internet marketing, sales & leadership is it does not have to be that way at all.
The truth is…..
It is all about showing up on a regular basis! And corresponding with your network. It is not about you. Make it all about them.
If you are thinking about packing it in today, and going back to your “regular life” take a deep breath and keep plugging away.
Remember how much fun you had when you first started your online journey?
Exactly… now go get ’em!
Posted in Blogging, Inspiration, Motivation, Success
Tags: Determination, Perseverance, Quitting, Social Media, Truth, Wordpress